Please join us Thursday, November 30, 11 a.m. - 3 p.m., at the Hartford Marriott Downtown (200 Columbus Blvd., Hartford, CT) for WCMA's Annual Meeting and Holiday Luncheon.
New this year! A complimentary Young Professionals session will kick off our meeting. Our Young Professionals group consists of members in the wire & cable industry who are 40 years old and younger. Please join your peers!
- 11:00 a.m. - 12:00 p.m. - Check-in/Networking
- 12:00 - 2:00 p.m. - Lunch with Keynote Speaker, John Traynor of Cambridge Trust.
- As President of Cambridge Trust Wealth Management of Connecticut, John directs the overall Wealth Management process and has ultimate responsibility for the success of each client relationship. He has appeared regularly on CNBC, Nightly Business Report, and FOX Business Network, as well as being quoted in the NY Times and Wall Street Journal.
- 2:00 - 3:00 p.m. - Young Professionals Session
- Hosted by Charles Glew, President, of Cable Components Group and Chairman of WCMA Young Professionals group, the session features David Fisher, President of James Monroe Wire & Cable, and Adam Chase, President & CEO of Chase Corp. discussing the "Why Wire & Cable - A Rewarding Career Choice."
Ticket Cost and Registration - $100 per Member, $120 for Non-Members
Young Professionals Opening Session - Included with event registration.
A room block has been reserved for our group at the Hartford Marriott Downtown. The room block link is available to attendees upon request.
SUMMARY of December 1, 2022 Annual Meeting
Downtown Hartford Marriott, Hartford, CT
Networking Hour - Event Hosted 120 Attendees
Lunch Presentation- John S Traynor, President, Cambridge Trust Wealth Management of Connecticut
**Traynor's presentation file was made available to attendees and remains available to Members
Traynor Bio - As President of Cambridge Trust Wealth Management of Connecticut, John directs the overall Wealth Management process and has ultimate responsibility for the success of each client relationship. He has appeared regularly on CNBC, Nightly Business Report and and Fox Business Network, as well as being quoted in the NY Times and Wall Street Journal.
Business Meeting and 2020 Distinguished Career Award Recipients Announced (see separate Awards dinner page on this website)
Membership approved the following slate of Officers and Board of Directors:
During the Young Professionals Networking Session, Cable Components Group President Charles Glew was named the first WCMA Young Professionals Chairman. The group's steering committee includes:
WCMA reported that for 2022 the organization will donate approximately $21K in Charity and Scholarship Donations with over $9K going to the Annual Toys for Toys drive - plus toys. Other organizations benefiting from our contributions include UCONN Cancer Research Center, Breast Cancer, American Red Cross, UNICEF, an Army Veterans organization and hospice.